Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reserving the Right to Disagree


As I drove to work last Wednesday morning it crossed my mind that it had been a very long time since I posted anything to this blog. As it turns out, it had been exactly one year to the day. The passing year finds me still snugly burrowed in my “new” job and actually about to pass my two year anniversary here. Thank God (and I really, really do) I escaped (though narrowly) the hideous decaying mess that was my past position. Since the escape/liberation I have come to realize even more just how full to the brim the world is with people who are apparently in fierce, perpetual competition for scumbag of the planet. Luckily, I’m not talking about on-the-job personal experiences when I say that this time. Instead, I’m speaking of the nature of the job and what we do here. Stories of abuse and other employment woes pour in on a daily basis. If I live to be one hundred, I will have no problem recalling how unnecessarily miserable and sick of heart, mind, body and soul I became while being forced to deal with an all too similar kind of situation. Since beginning my job here, I have come to realize on a much grander scale that I am definitely NOT the only person on the planet dealing with evil sociopathic personalities who somehow - mysteriously and apparently with the aid of the devil himself - manage to slither into a supervisory position. Unfortunately there are thousands of people out there – especially today in the lagging economy – who are forced to deal with the same, if not worse, circumstances that I dealt with back then. People who just want to make a living and yet are being treated horribly for so many reasons and in so many ways. Of course, the lowest common denominator in more than a few of these situations turns out to be that old chestnut greed. Not that pure cruelty and lust for power don’t have more than a little to do with it as well. As I’ve said before and will continue to say forever; karma is a bitch and some of you bastards are applying for debt you can never repay. Well, enjoy your kingdoms, power, money and prestige as long as you can…however, just keep in mind that it won’t prepare you for what’s coming.




No comments: